Thursday, December 10, 2009

Here We Go..

Well, I'm not sure how this is going to work..hopefully I can get really good at this. I love reading blogs, I'm just not sure how good I'll be at keeping up with one but we shall see!




Background..


The Curtis family was established August 1, 2009 in Oklahoma City, OK at St. Eugene's Catholic Church.


We currently live in the Deep Deuce apartments in Bricktown. Those of you who know us know the story of our home we had for just a minute..Long story short, we were building one..the builder went bankrupt, we live in Deep Deuce. Our dear friend Lizzy lives with us, we like to call her our "adopted daughter." She is amazing and our "Three's Company" arrangement works for us..say what you will about it, we love it!


Troy recently started his own Insurance Agency in Mustang, OK and he is loving being his own boss. It is a huge challenge to start your own business and he faces new experiences each and every day. I am so proud of him for taking this leap and working to provide a great future for us and whatever our family becomes.


I also recently accepted a new position with Sooner Sports Properties selling sports sponsorships for OU. I feel like I'm at home here already, it is such a dream come true to have a career path that you believe in and enjoy! It's so refreshing to wake up excited about what the day is going to bring and what adventure I'll get to experience. My first OU football game as a Staff Member was spent on the sideline. That was after I was out on the field with the players during the coin toss. It was such a cool experience!



Troy and I are hoping to move into our first home..well our first home to actually live in anyway..after the first of the year. Knowing us that could be anytime in 2010 so stay tuned for developments on that. We have decided to move to Norman. Both of us love the community and with my job keeping me into the evenings occasionally for basketball games, coaches shows and game day set-up it just seems like the perfect place to lay down our roots.


I think this is a good start..maybe I can do this blog thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment